Blogs by Gail L. Jenner
Great Truths about Life from Children!
2/11/2008 8:49:11 AM
A delightful list of ‘great truths’ from children, about life, in general…..how can you go wrong? They’re good for a smile and a nod.
I had to share these. I haven’t seen them being sent around, via email, but thought they were more than worth sharing. Having raised 3 children and now, getting to spend precious moments with our 4 grandchildren, with one more on the way, I know that children DO, in the words of Art Linkletter, say the darndest things! And so many are full of truth and/or irony, they’re amazing.
So, here is a list of 13 truths gathered from children. Enjoy and share!
1. No matter how hard you try, you can’t baptize cats.
2. When your mom is mad at your dad, don’t let her brush your hair.
3. If your sister hits you, don’t hit her back. They always catch the second person.
4. Never ask your 3-year old brother to hold a tomato.
5. You can’t trust dogs to watch your food.
6. Reading what people write on desks can teach you a lot.
7. Don’t sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
8. Puppies still have bad breath, even after eating a tic-tac.
9. Never hold a Dust-Buster and a cat at the same time.
10. School lunches stick to the wall.
11. You can’t hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
12. Don’t wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.
AND, the Final BIT of wisdom that is sure to please EVERY Grandparent……
13. The best place to be when you’re sad is Grandpa’s lap (or maybe, Grandma’s!???).
You know, I don’t even think an adult can REASON as well as these children. Why is that? They’re observations are so keen, so apt, it’s an amazing ability they have to look at the world with unadulterated vision!