> HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Try everything twice. On a tombstone was this epitaph: Tried everything
twice…loved it both times!
2. Keep only cheerful friends.
The grouches pull you down. (keep this in mind if you are one of those
3. Keep learning: Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening,
whatever. Or take up a foreign language and get your mind working on new pathways
and vocabulary…..Never let the brain get idle. “An idle mind is the devil’s
workshop.” And the devil’s name is Alzheimer’s!
4. Enjoy the simple things. Especially sunsets, sunrises, books or music, children, a walk in the sand or in the woods or a park, or even down the street. Look for people to smile at and bring a smile to……think on things that make you smile.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes
you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with HIM/HER. Or listen to children laugh….it’s contagious
and absolutely PURE.
6. The tears happen: Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is
with you your entire life, is yourself. LIVE while you are alive. Know that God gave us rainbows
as a way to look back on the rain and realize that life is a promise and a gift.
7. Surround yourself with what you love:
Whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your
home is your refuge, and if it’s not, find a place of refuge — or make it a place of
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable,
improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help. As we age, it’s even more
9. Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, to the next county, even
to a foreign country, or to a friend’s house, OR to some place where YOU can
help someone ELSE get through something…but do not NOT go to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity. Tell them when
they least expect it and when they least deserve it. God loves us — no matter where we
are, no matter how much we ignore or despise him.
11. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second chance. Don’t forget: God forgave us when we didn’t deserve it at all.